The MDB-USB INTERFACE is a reliable MDB converter for Multi-Drop Bus-controlled devices. It connects the vending controller to modern IT solutions and works without drivers on Linux, Windows and Apple devices.
A USB A-type output can provide up to 15 watts of power for external devices, sufficient for small computers like Raspberry Pi or Linulus, allowing further data processing, for example, for online assessments.
Switching functions can be programmed via an integrated relay and controlled by means of USB HID commands. With the message buffering concept, integration into the software of the connected computer is simpler and timing is not critical. The MDB interface connects the hosts USB port to the MDB bus and the full MDB protocol specification is supported.
With its additional RS232 interface, the MDB-USB Interface is also compatible with all serial communication devices.
- Generic MDB to USB interface with Master/Slave mode
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux with no special drivers required
- Provides up to 15 watts of power for micro-computers
- Simulates up to 4 devices/terminals
- RS232 serial interface
- 2-year warranty
- Developed in Switzerland, manufactured in Europe
Examples of use
- Upgrade of classic vending machines to mobile payment
- Integration of additional components into vending machines (e.g. money counters)
- Monitoring and controlling of vending machines via a web interface
The product can be purchased as an OEM version from a small number of pieces in order to integrate it individually. In addition Qibixx can provide the following services for you:
- Customization of the hardware according to your requirements
- Customized software for your system environment
- Advanced support and consulting for integration