The latest MDB Firmware includes a cashless device driver. After the update you can emulate a cashless device with a few lines of Python code.
The MDB-USB INTERFACE is a reliable MDB converter for Multi-Drop Bus-controlled devices. It connects the vending controller to modern IT solutions and works without drivers on Linux, Windows and Apple devices.
Master, Peripheral and sniffing applications can all be implemented using this universal device.
NEW: a built-in cashless device driver makes the development of cashless devices a breeze. No MDB protocol implementation is needed on the host side ! Get your first credit to the machine and product dispensed with 5 lines in a terminal program !
Independent of this cashless device driver, the device provides an easy interface to the raw MDB bus messages, so any peripheral and master function can be implemented.
A "full option" version of the device adds a 5V power supply output (3A), relay and RS-232 interface to the product for use in special applications. The 5V output can be used to power small linux boards like a Raspberry Pi.
All Qibixx MDB devices can be firmware updated in the field.
Examples of use
- Upgrade of classic vending machines to mobile payment
- Integration of additional components into vending machines (e.g. money counters)
- Monitoring and controlling of vending machines via a web interface
The product can be purchased as an OEM version from a small number of pieces in order to integrate it individually. In addition Qibixx can provide the following services for you:
- Customization of the hardware according to your requirements
- Customized software for your system environment
- Advanced support and consulting for integration
Information on the new MDB Interface for the Raspberry Pi. Prototypes available.